Monday, March 12, 2018

Day Three...


I was eight years old when the Star Wars was released.  I never saw it.  It wasn’t that I didn’t have the chance, it just wasn’t my cup of tea.  I would rather turn the picnic table upside down and pretend that it was a PT Boat on “McHale’s Navy”, or I would ride my bicycle around wearing a coonskin cap pretending to be Daniel Boone.

Needless to say for my ninth birthday and for Christmas that year, I received a lot of Star Wars toys.  I was so disappointed.  I didn’t know what to do with them.  I had no idea what the story was.

I finally saw the movies in 1999, when my close relative, confused that I never saw them, sat me down made me watch all three.  Finally!  All those toys made sense, but more importantly, “Spaceballs” made sense.

I saw “Spacealls” in the theatre in 1987, but other than recognizing Mel Brooks, John Candy and Joan Rivers  - the movie made no sense to me.

I was; however, more apt to say, “May the Schwartz Be With You” that I was “May the Force Be With You”

And the best thing about "Spaceballs":  no boobies.